|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-503-3303|
|Fax||705-748-9455 available Mon-Thu, 9am-4 pm except 12 noon-1 pm)|
|Address Notes||Above The Wolf radio station|
|Address & Map|
159 King St, Unit 204
Peterborough, ON K9J 2R8
|Intersection||King St - George St|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Kristi Mckay, Volunteer Coordinator/Tutoring Services Coordinator; Phone: ext 204|
|Primary Executive||Shari Davis, Executive Director; Phone: ext 201|
|Description & Services|
|Description||* Delivers programs and services that enable persons with learning disabilities and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder to reach their potential. |
* Offers a lending library of resources, books and DVDs.
* Offers education seminars and workshops, advocacy and self-advocacy training-group sessions, and Parenting Your Learning Disabled Child (a 5 week parenting program).
* The Computers for Learning Development Program is a year-round tutoring program to address individual needs of students with reading, writing and numeracy difficulties.
* Provides one-to-one instruction utilizing assistive technology and non-computer based activities.
* SoAR (Some Assembly Required) is a transition program for students in grades 7-9 to encourage self-awareness, how to express ideas and follow directions, and become a self-advocate in decision making and the learning process.
* The Stay in School high school program serves high school students struggling with academic, personal, and/or social difficulties that impact on school success. The program provides an alternative learning environment, development of self-advocacy skills and awareness along with one-to-one tutoring support working towards credit achievement while fostering recognition of academic potential and goals.
* Job-Fit is a comprehensive employment preparedness program designed to meet the specific needs and challenges of individuals diagnosed or suspected of living with learning disabilities and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder who are 18 years of age or older, and currently unemployed.
|Hours||Mon-Thu 9 am-12 noon, 1 pm-4 pm * Friday appointments can be arranged|
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Fees||Membership ; Service - library fee for borrowing books; reasonable fees for some tutoring programs|
|Legal Status||(51) Registered Charity ; (80) United Way|
|Print Material||Quarterly newsletter; agency & program brochures|