Aging In Place - A Wonderful Life at Home
|Record #: CWD1292||Last Modified: 15 Jan 2019||Last Full Update: 26 Jun 2018|
|Description (Service)||Certified Aging in Place Specialist assists individuals in assessing the current home in terms of safely, ability to live independently and comfortably regardless of age, income or ability levels. Works with individuals to research ideas and resources needed to design and build/modify barrier-free living environments. An initial assessment would include but not be limited to such items as:
* Condition of walk and driveway surface: are handrails or ramps need; are house numbers visible at night from the street?
* Condition of floors and hallway: are they level, wide enough and clear of clutter; are there any area rugs or trip hazards?
* Bathroom amenities: is sink basin and tub safely accessible and equipped with necessary safety features such as grab bars or tub/shower support?
* Kitchen and living areas: is lighting appropriate for tasks to be completed; are levels of work services, appliances, shelving and storage accessible and adequate?
* easy access to home phone or cell phone
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-6 pm * evening and weekend appointment available upon request|
|Areas Served||Simcoe County - and surrounding area|
Individuals who are not experiencing health issues related to aging
Individuals who have a progressive or other condition that requires home modifications or equipment
Individuals who are dealing with an abrupt or traumatic health-related change
|Application||Call for an assessment|
|Fees||Service ; Call for more information|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Wasaga Beach|
|Physical Access||Not Applicable|
|Primary Contact||Veronica Rita Vescio-Wrigley, Certified Aging In Place Specialist|