|Record #: PET0034||Last Modified: 23 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 14 Dec 2016|
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Office Phone||Office: 705-742-5185
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-386-6561|
|Site Location||Enter through Armour Rd entrance. First office on left through the first set of doors.|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
Time Square Building
380 Armour Rd, Ste 275
Peterborough, ON K9H 7L7
|Intersection||Armour Rd and Hunter St E|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/kinark
|Primary Contact||Teresa Scheckel, Program Director; Phone: (Business) 705-742-5185 ext 324; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Patty Giles, Business Manger; Phone: (Business) 705-742-5185 ext 5010|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||* Accredited children's mental health agency that provides a range of free and confidential services to children and youth up to age 18 who have emotional, social, and behavioural problems.
* Provides support to their families and caregivers.
* Presenting problems include:
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- behaviour problems at home and school
- alcohol/drug abuse
- extreme mood swings
- aggressive and/or oppositional behavior
- destruction of property
- cruelty to animals
- fire setting.
* Treatment services include:
- individual and family counselling
- TAPP-C Arson Assessment
- Intensive in-home Services
- Day Treatment
- S.T.R.I.V.E. Day RX Teen program
- Residential Care
- Therapeutic Family Care homes
- Triple P Parent Education programs
- Fearbusters Anxiety groups for children and parents
- Clinical Consultation Services (psychiatric and psychological).
* Provides a Supervised Access visiting service for high conflict separation and divorce situations under the auspices of the Ministry of the Attorney General.
* Early intervention and outreach programs include:
- The Healthy Families Collection and Healthy Families Workshops
* Kinark's multidisciplinary team is composed of social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, child and youth workers, and nursing staff.
|Hours||Mon-Thu 9am-8pm * Fri 8:30am-4:30pm|
|Areas Served||Haliburton County ; Kawartha Lakes ; Northumberland County ; Peterborough (County of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and under
Age limit does not apply to family members/caregivers with children under the age of 18.
|Application||* Families make their own referral by calling the central intake number (1-888-454-6275).
* Children under 12 require parental consent to receive service.
* Youth 12 and over can refer themselves.
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity ; (80) United Way|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Service Categories||Adolescent/Youth Counselling ; Family Counselling ; Family Support Centres/Outreach|