Ontario Public Interest Research Group
|Record #: PET0292||Last Modified: 05 Dec 2019||Last Full Update: 07 Mar 2016|
|Description (Service)||A campus-based, community-oriented, non-profit organization committed to research, education, and action on social justice and environmental issues.
* Free Market program at Sadleir House where anyone can come in to select or drop-off household goods and clothing - free.
* Green Dishes program offers people the chance to borrow dishes for a small fee to reduce waste at events and gatherings.
* Organizes speakers, films, conferences, publications and campaigns on a variety of topics.
* Offers skills development workshops
* Develops programming, allocates resources, and networks with other campus and community organizations.
|Hours||OPIRG office hours: Tue-Fri 11 am-5 pm
Free Market: visit website or call for details.
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Application||Contact for details.|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Sadleir House|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
OPIRG Office, 1st Floor, Sadleir House
751 George St N, Room 102
Peterborough, ON K9H 3T2
View Google Map
|Intersection||George St - Parkhill Rd|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - OPIRG office only. ; Free Market and Food Cupboard are not accessible, however, volunteers are on hand to help visitors who are unable to use stairs. Call 705-741-1208 for more information.|
|Primary Contact||OPIRG Co-ordinator|