|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Site Location||Room B101 - Environmental Sciences Building, ground floor, take Hall B under stairs, first door on right.|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map|
1600 West Bank Dr, Environmental Sciences Centre, Room B101, East Bank
Peterborough, ON K9J 7B8
View Google Map
|Intersection||Nassau Mills Rd - East Bank Dr|
|Social Media||Twitter: twitter.com/KWICnews|
|Primary Contact||Julie Cosgrove, Executive Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Rachelia Giardino, Seeds of Justice Workshop Liaison; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Phil Abbott, Chair|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 895 |
Peterborough, ON K9J 7B2
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||* Provides education, analysis, and action on world issues and their related local impact. |
* Focus is primarily environmental and social justice issues and youth led engagement.
* Collaborates with local groups and student and community volunteers to organize special events and programs.
* Offers a welcoming, respectful, and accessible space within anti-racist and anti-oppression frameworks.
* Education and public engagement activities include:
- KWIC World Issues Cafe discussion series.
- Seeds for Justice Youth Program organizes annual Global Youth Day conference led by a youth working group.
* Offers volunteer opportunities for internships, research, and other projects along with community service hours.
* Shared community resources include:
- Study or meeting space.
- Speaker's Bureau of local experiential and professional experts.
- free lending library of alternative resources.
(Print materials can also be accessed via the Alti Library).
* The KWIC Community Calendar is hosted on the KWIC website for free public posting of local events.
|Hours||Office: Mon-Thu 9:30am-4pm * call ahead to ensure someone can meet with you. |
Global Education and Resource Centre: Mon-Fri 7am-7pm
|Dates||September - June (Call for hours during summer.)|
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Application||Call for information.|
|Languages||English ; Some print materials available in Spanish.|
|Fees||Membership - by donation. ; None - Most non-fundraising events are free or pay what you can.|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; Designated parking at entrance ; Wheelchair accessible automatic main entrance ; Elevator with braille and voice/tone features ; Dedicated accessible washroom with all features|
|Service Categories||Issue Advocacy|
|Print Material||Excellent selection of alternative print materials available for a 2-week loan.|