|Record #: PET0623||Last Modified: 03 Nov 2015||Last Full Update: 03 Nov 2015|
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Site Location||Room B101 - Environmental Sciences Centre, ground floor, take Hall B under stairs, first door on right. Downtown office is located 3rd floor of Sadleir House at 751 Water Street.|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
1600 West Bank Dr, Environmental Sciences Centre, Room B101, East Bank
Peterborough, ON K9J 7B8
View Google Map
|Intersection||Nassau Mills Rd and East Bank Dr|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/KWICPeterborough
|Primary Contact||Julie Cosgrove, Executive Director; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Rachelia Giardino, Seeds of Justice Workshop Liaison; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Phil Abbott, Chair|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 895
Peterborough, ON K9J 7A2
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||* Provides education, analysis, and action on world issues and their related local impact.
* Focus is primarily environmental and social justice issues and youth led engagement.
* Collaborates with local groups, student and community volunteers to organize special events and programs.
* Works within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework.
* Education and public engagement activities include:
- KWIC World Issues Cafe discussion series.
- Seeds for Justice Youth Program Facilitators Collective is a youth-led initiative that conducts local research and train youth volunteers in workshop design and facilitation in order to lead workshops with local community groups and classes.
* Offers volunteer opportunities for internships, research, and other projects along with community service hours.
* Shared community resources include:
- Study or meeting space.
- Speaker's Bureau of local experiential and professional experts.
- free lending library of alternative resources.
* The KWIC Community Calendar is hosted on the KWIC website for free public posting of local events.
|Hours||Office: Mon-Thu 9:30am-4pm * call ahead to ensure someone can meet with you.
Global Education and Resource Centre: Mon-Fri 7am-7pm
|Dates||September - June (Call for hours during summer.)|
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Eligibility||Program eligibility varies. Contact for details.|
|Application||Call for information.|
|Languages||English - Reception, Website, Programs, French language workshops may be possible ; Some print materials available in Spanish.|
|Fees||Membership - by donation. ; None - Most non-fundraising events are free or pay what you can.|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit ; (80) United Way|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; Designated parking at entrance ; Wheelchair accessible automatic main entrance ; Elevator with braille and voice/tone features ; Dedicated accessible washroom with all features|
|Service Categories||Issue Advocacy|
|Resources||Alternative print materials available for a 2-week loan.|