Peterborough Partnership Council on Immigrant Integration
|Record #: PET0625||Last Modified: 18 Mar 2019||Last Full Update: 07 Mar 2016|
|Description (Service)||* Promotes, advances, and supports coordinated immigrant integration in the Peterborough area.
* Collaborates with community partners on immigration-related projects including the creation and implementation of a 3-5 year immigrant integration strategy.
* Endeavors to increase education and awareness of the importance of immigration for social, economic, and cultural prosperity.
* Works to ensure employers have access to services designed to assist in the attraction and retention of foreign-trained workers.
* Includes more than 50 member organizations and involves more than 100 individuals.
* Facilitates the Peterborough Welcome Pass which offers discounted or free admission to local cultural attractions.
* Offers professional development opportunities via training in the Newcomer Integration Toolkit.
* Guest speakers available.
|Hours||Mon - Fri 9 am - 5 pm|
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Eligibility||Contact for information.|
|Application||Contact for more information.|
|Languages||English ; Chinese ; Hungarian ; Spanish ; Tagalog ; Also Albanian|
|Fees||Peterborough Welcome Pass is free to all newcomers (eligible for one year after signing up). Call to discuss the fee structure for professional development training in the Newcomer Integration Toolkit.|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
c/o New Canadians Centre
221 Romaine St
Peterborough, ON K9J 2C3
|Intersection||Aylmer St - Romaine St|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/ppcii.peterborough
|Primary Contact||Jason Stabler, Coordinator; Phone: ext 230; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Phone: ext 233|
|Primary Executive||Hajni Hos, Executive Director, New Canadians Centre Peterborough|