|Record #: SHA0619||Last Modified: 18 Apr 2016||Last Full Update: 18 Apr 2016|
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Fax||705-748-9455 available Mon-Thu, 9 am-4 pm except 12 noon-1 pm|
|Site Location||Otonabee Valley Public School|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
580 River Rd S
Peterborough, ON K9J 1E7
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/ldaptbo/?ref=bookmarks
|Primary Contact||Janice Balfour, Transition Resource Facilitator; Phone: 705-748-9455 * 705-324-2596; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Llyod Schoenmaker, Board of Directors Chair|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||* Delivers programs and services that enable persons with learning disabilities and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder to reach their potential.
* Offers a lending library of resources, books and DVDs.
* Offers education seminars and workshops, advocacy and self-advocacy training-group sessions, and Parenting Your Learning Disabled Child (a 5 week parenting program).
* The Technology for Learning Development Program is a one-to-one tutoring program utilizing Assistive Technology for students JK-Grade 8. Individualized to student's needs with a focus on literacy or numeracy, technology training, study skills and learning strategies.
* Next Step: High School Program assists students in Grades 7-8 to develop and improve learning strategies and skills to support academic achievement in preparation for high school.
* SoAR (Some Assembly Required) is a transition program for students in grades 7-9 to encourage self-awareness, how to express ideas and follow directions, and become a self-advocate in decision making and the learning process.
* The Stay in School High School Program is a one-to-one program for students struggling with academic, personal, and/or social challenges. Students receive support and work towards academic credit achievement, with an emphasis on study skills, organization, time management and self-advocacy skills.
* Exam Prep Program matches students with an experienced tutor to support the development of study skills and learning strategies needed for exam preparation.
* Job-Fit is a comprehensive employment preparedness program designed to meet the specific needs and challenges of individuals diagnosed or suspected of living with learning disabilities and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder who are 18 years of age or older, and currently unemployed.
|Hours||Mon-Thu 9 am-12 noon, 1 pm-4 pm
*Friday appointments can be arranged
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Fees||Membership ; Service - Library fee for borrowing books; reasonable fees for some tutoring programs|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity ; (80) United Way|
|Service Categories||Parenting Skills Classes ~ Learning Disabilities ; Prejob Guidance ~ Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder ; Prejob Guidance ~ Learning Disabilities ; Special Libraries ~ Learning Disabilities ; Study Skills Assistance ~ Learning Disabilities ; Subject Tutoring ~ Learning Disabilities|
|Resources||Quarterly newsletter; agency & program brochures|