Service: Northumberland Services
|Record #: SHA2060||Last Modified: 30 Mar 2015||Last Full Update: 04 Mar 2015|
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-503-3303|
|Fax||905-372-0438 (include cover page)|
|Site Location||Baltimore Public School|
|Located In Community||Baltimore|
|Address & Map||
9320 Burwash Rd
Baltimore, ON K0K 1C0
View Google Map
|Primary Contact||Charlene Holmes, Resource Facilitator|
|Primary Executive||Shari Davis, Executive Director, The Learning Disabilities Association of Peterborough; Phone: 705-748-9455 * 1-866-503-3303; Fax: 705-748-9455; Email: email@example.com|
|Mailing Address||c/o Baltimore Public School
Baltimore, ON K0K 1C0
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||The Learning Disabilities Association of Peterborough is committed to the development of a community in which persons affected by learning disabilities are enabled to realize their potential. Their services include: a Lending Library of resources, books and DVDs. Resource Facilitators will assist to provide information relating to LD, ADD/ADHD. This may include rights and responsibilities and coping strategies on issues of academic achievement, behaviour, self-esteem, advocacy, stress management, time management and social skills.
Child & Youth Tutoring Services:
* Technology for Learning Development - One-to-one tutoring to address individual needs of students with reading, writing and math difficulties. Building learning strategies, study skills and the use of and/or training in Assistive Technology and Handheld technologies.
* "SoAR - Some Assembly Required" - Program for students in Gr. 7-9 to encourage self-awareness, how to express ideas and follow directions, and becoming a self-advocate in the learning process and decision-making. Focus is preparedness for a successful transition to high school, specific to learning disabled students.
* Next Step: High School - For Gr. 7 and 8 students to develop and improve learning strategies and study skills to support academic achievement.
* Stay in School High School Program –For high school students struggling with academic, personal and/or social challenges. One-to-one tutoring to work towards academic credit achievement, emphasizing study skills, organization, time management and self-advocacy skills.
* Exam Preparation Program - One-to-one instruction to assist students to develop effective learning strategies and study skills for exam preparation.
* Power to Achieve - Family Strategies to Support the Child with Learning Disabilities and/or ADHD -- A program for Parents and Caregivers
*Understand Learning Disabilities and ADHD and how they manifest themselves
* Learn how to work with your child's school and teacher
* Understand what and Individual Education (I.E.P.) is
* Understand the assessment process
* Learn to advocate for your child within the school system
* Understand your and your child's rights and responsibilities
* Learn parenting skills and techniques that can increase your child's self-esteem
* JobFit - Comprehensive employment preparedness program designed to address the needs and challenges of unemployed or underemployed adults with diagnosed or suspected LDs and/or ADHD.
Support Services & Resources:
* Resource Facilitation - Resource Facilitators assist with information related to LDs and ADHD, rights and responsibilities, advocacy and self-advocacy, advocacy/selfadvocacy training, coping strategies for academic achievement, parenting, self-esteem, behaviour, stress and time management, and social skills.
* Resource Library - A comprehensive choice of books, DVDs,journals and articles on LDs and ADHD are available for loan.
Educational Seminars and Workshops:
* Programs available throughout the year in various locations. Visit website for details or call for information on specialized workshop delivery.
|Hours||Tue-Thu 9 am-4:30 pm Please call for an appointment.|
|Areas Served||Northumberland County|
|Fees||Membership - Optional ; Service - Library usage, Tutoring|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Service Categories||Disability Associations ~ Learning Disabilities ; Family Literacy Programs ; Homework Help Programs ~ Learning Disabilities ; Study Skills Assistance ~ Learning Disabilities ~ Children and Youth with Disabilities ; Subject Tutoring ~ Children and Youth with Disabilities|